The next Parent Council meeting is on Monday 11th September 2017 at 9.15am in Stars, if you have a question or an issue to raise please fill in the box below.
We have a group of parents who meet regularly to help move the school forward.
AIMS OF THE PARENT COUNCIL
- To encourage parents to participate fully in the life and work of the school
- To be a forum for parents to express their views of the school
- To act as a sounding board when the school is considering future developments
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILIES OF THE PARENT COUNCIL
- The role of the Parent Council is consultative and advisory, the governing body remains the decision-maker and provides strategic leadership.
- The Parent Council is not the channel for individual complaints and issues. Concerns or complaints involving individual children, families or teachers will not be discussed.
- The Parent Council has been set up to provide a forum for parents and carers to be more involved in their children’s education
- Meetings of the Parent Council will focus on areas for improvement and will suggest solutions
- Parents and carers of children at Wilthorpe Primary School may be members of the Parent Council
- Members of the Parent Council are nominated and elected by other parents for a minimum 1 year term of office.
- Each year group – nursery to year 6 - may have two Parent Council members as representatives.
- Each year, at the autumn term meeting, a chair and a vice chair will be elected by the members
- Any parent or carer is free to attend any meeting of the Parent Council.
- A member of school staff will be present for advice and to clerk the meetings
- By invitation, school governors may attend the meetings as observers only
- Meetings will take place each term, or more frequently if the need arises.
- The headteacher will include feedback from the Parent Council in her termly report to the Governing Body.
- The chair of the Parent Council may be invited to provide feedback to the Governing Body.
- Minutes of the meetings will be posted on the website.
- The Parent Council may invite other people to attend a meeting in order to find out more about a particular issue e.g. the maths co-ordinator may be invited to explain how maths is taught in the school
- Members of the Parent Council will canvas views from other parents and carers and will disseminate information
- Photos of the members of the Parent Council will be displayed in the school.